BROWN COOLANT

2000 Ford Taurus

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

I got brown coolant in the tank recently. Today I detached the tank and found there are some rust-like stuff in the bottom of the tank (some but not much). Then I installed the tank back and fill new coolant. But after I turned on the engine, the brown stuff just came back from the two above small pipes (or maybe just one of them. ) The heating system still works fine. I do hear some low noise (not sure how to describe, like rattling) when engine runs nearly below 2 rpm. Others look fine.
Taurususer

When you say tank do you mean radiator? Also, the noise you hear maybe a little air pocket moving around in there. Do a flush and see what happens. The rust is probably from other owners putting water in the system or condensation buildup, it happens to a lot of vehicles

Legitimate007
The tank is the coolant overflow reservior. Should I do a coolant flush? The noise can be heard in the car on the right of the driver. Thanks

Taurususer
Yes I would see if you can clear the rust or discoloration out, otherwise, your gonna have to start replacing parts to get rid of the problem so lets start with a coolant flush. Keep me posted

Legitimate007