FRONT END SHAKES

1996 Ford Taurus

Shakes or Wobbles problem
1996 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 156000 miles

i bought a 96 ford taurus wagon, there appears to be a front sway bar that is detached on both sides, the car front wheels shake and have AALOT of road noise, the steering wheel also shakes, if I turn the steering wheel slightly to the left while driving the vibration and noise seems to alleviate quite a bit, the transmission also slips and grabs jerking the car, and also the car misses while holding it at steady speeds, I changed the plugs and pads the other day
Jd0186

Not sure of the question, but The noise changing when turning is typical of a wheel bearing issue. IF it is bad enough that maybe the vibration as well.

Obvious get the sway bar reattached.

Can try to change the fluid and filter on the tranny, but it sounds like it is on it's way out. I assume the fluid is full?

What cylinder's have the miss?

I think the trannny may be the biggest issue. I would think it might be a $1000 fix or better. IF you aren't willing to put in a reman or used tranny, may want to back away from this one.