99 76K 4CYL WIPRES STUCK IN THE UP POSITION

1999 Ford Ranger

This morning when it was real cold the wipers stuck to the windshield when I broke them free they stuck in the up position. Any ideas would be helpful.
Tomwranger99

Did you turn the wipers on while they were stuck, I'm assuming frozen, to the windshield? Now they stop in the up position, or are they not working at all now?

TaurusWheel
Ford wiper systems are prone to parking-switch burnout whenever the wiper blades are held in place, cannot move, by any reason. Most common are blades frozen to the windshield. Up here in the northeast, it's not uncommon to see Ford products, I'm talking all makes and models, I've seen Lincolns, driving around with the wipers like 1 2 down the windshield or up in the top position. This was a problem at least starting with the multiple intermittent speed wiper systems. There is no easy repair available, solution is to replace the wiper motor because the parking circuitry is pretty involved as to reversing voltages and such, to pull the blades into the parking position.

TaurusWheel