2ND OPINION

2000 Ford Ranger

2000 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 140000 miles

I recently started having trouble with my 2000 ranger it is running rich, iddling erraticaly, and does not accelerate properly it also tries to die on me from time to time and is hard starting ive done a tune up replaced my filters, plugs, oil, im still loosing coolant but it is not showing up in my oil and my truck has not started overheating ive even changed my thermostat just to be sure also replaced my O2 sensors and everytime I replace one thing its drives great for about 2 days before acting up again im thinkin its my eec or egr valves but would like some feedback to be sure
Jeremyctry

All the symtoms of a weak fuel pump. Pressure test the system. But with the coolant missing block test the radiator for blown head gasket or cracked head. Any white smoke from the tailpipe?

Merlin2021
Well I replaced the fuel pump last winter and when you first crank it up she will smoke for a little bit but its been pretty cold so ive been thinkin that was the explanation I allready thought about a cracked head gasget but my coolant isnt showing up in my oil and I thought with a cracked or blown head it would be turning my oil a milky color does this change your oppinion any

Jeremyctry
Not unless the problem is large enough, and by then it's usually to late! BLOCK test the radiator, this test sniffs hydrocarbons in the coolant, if they are present there, then there is a gasket or head problem. If it's only a very slow leak, check the freeze plugs on the bottom of the sides of the block, that's were the corrode.

Merlin2021
Allright im not tryin to sound like an idiot but how do I block test the radiator can I do it or will I need to take it to a shop

Jeremyctry
No you can do it at home, they sell block test kits at the parts store, and it can be done at home. Cost is about $50.00, just follow the directions.

Merlin2021
Outstanding thanx for the info ill be back either way

Jeremyctry
10-4!

Merlin2021