, 95,000MI SHIFTING KICKS, DEAD SPEEDOMETERS

1999 Ford Ranger

Ford ranger / 1999 / 95,000miles / 6 cylinder
Basicialy, I got a tune up as well as an oil change done about a week ago. Today, While driving down the road, my truck kicked into second gear, quite literally, and the o/o off light started to flash, as well as a check engine light and abs light, not to mention the speedometer dropped to 0 and has since to work. Since then, the truck fights to get into any gear above one, and kicks back when speeding up or slowing down. I am completely new to cars, and after reviewing the site, I believe this may be a speedometer sensor in the transmission. Am I right? And if so, how do I go about replacing it without getting ripped off?
Ankou0

Od light flashing is definitely a sign of something awry in trans operation, I would get the codes, get yourself a repair manual and see what you can do, the vss isn't that hard to replace, if indeed that's the issue.

TaurusWheel
Same problem - exactly - abs light went on followed by od/off and check engine, speedometer went out and transmission shifting eratically if at all. Very sudden, only 43,000 miles.?

Flashrider