ENGINE SQUEAK

1999 Ford Ranger

Noises problem
1999 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 92800 miles

when ever I push on the gas a right away, theres a little chirp coming from the engine and it also does when I take my foot off the gas, it will do it over bumps too it won't do it if i'm driving at a constant speed unless I hit bumps i've sprayed the belt and everything I could and it still does it but it won't do it if is raining hard, Please Help!
99ranger21

The chirp could be the serpentine belt, and or one of the pulleys, the bearings on the tensioner and idler pulleys should be checked when the belt is off.

To install, first locate your tensioner pulley, this is a spring loaded pulley that applies downward pressure on the back side of the serp belt, on this pulley you will have either a square drive hole that a socket wrench can plug into, or a regular hex bolt, using the correct size wrench, apply opposite force to relieve tension on the old belt and remove the belt. Install the new belt on all pulleys except the top most one, or easiest one to get at, then while holding the belt in the possition ready to go on the last pulley, apply the wrench to the tensioner pulley and slip belt onto the pulley! Done!

Merlin2021