HEATER A/C NOT WORING RIGHT

1998 Ford Ranger

Heater problem
1998 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 120000 miles

when I turn my switch from heat to cold on the I get 100% heat. I have replaced the switch and also the blend air motor. On the passenger sid there is a damer with vacuum line on it if I take the vacum line off I will get cold air. The air comes out the dash hot wether the swich is in hot or cold. Is the air supose to bleed of on that damper.
Jdzupan

OPERATION
CONTROL PANEL & DOOR ACTUATORS
Manual A/C-heater control panel is located near center of the instrument panel. A/C-heater controls include a function selector knob, temperature control knob and blower speed control knob. See Fig. 1. Function selector knob actuates a vacuum selector valve that controls vacuum to door actuators. Door actuators control position of outside/recirculation, floor/panel and panel/defrost doors. Door positions determine airflow modes (panel, floor, defrost, etc.).
Temperature control knob controls an electric blend door actuator. Blend door actuator controls the position of blend door. Blend door position determines airflow around and/or through heater core. Each function selector knob setting affects system operation is as follows: OFF
Vacuum is applied to inlet duct door, preventing outside air from entering system. Heater water control valve is at full vacuum, preventing hot coolant from reaching heater core. Vacuum is applied to floor/panel and panel/defrost door actuators. Blower motor and compressor will not operate in this mode.
MAX A/C
A/C compressor operates in this mode. Vacuum is applied to air inlet door, preventing outside air from entering system. Heater water control valve is at full vacuum, preventing hot coolant from reaching heater core. Vacuum is applied to floor/panel and panel/defrost door actuators. Airflow exits from panel vents. Blower motor is on.
A/C
A/C compressor operates in this mode. Vacuum is not applied to air inlet door, allowing outside air into system. Heater water control valve is at no vacuum, allowing hot coolant to reach heater core. Vacuum is applied to floor/panel and panel/defrost door actuators. Airflow exits from panel vents. Temperature setting can be changed manually. Blower motor is on.
Vent
Vacuum is not applied to air inlet door, allowing outside air into system. Vacuum is not applied to floor/panel door actuator. Vacuum is applied to panel/defrost door actuator. Airflow exits from panel vents. Temperature can be adjusted manually.
Floor/Panel
Vacuum is not applied to air inlet door, allowing outside air into system. Heater water control valve is at no vacuum, allowing hot coolant to reach heater core. Partial vacuum is applied to floor/panel door actuator allowing door to open partially. Vacuum is applied to panel/defrost door actuator. Airflow exits from panel vents. The A/C compressor operates in this mode.
Floor
Vacuum is not applied to air inlet door, allowing outside air into system. Heater water control valve is at no vacuum, allowing hot coolant to reach heater core. Vacuum is applied to floor/panel door actuator. Vacuum is not applied to panel/defrost door actuator. Airflow exits from floor ducts.
Floor/Defrost
Vacuum is not applied to air inlet door, allowing outside air into system. Heater water control valve is at no vacuum, allowing hot coolant to reach heater core. Partial vacuum is applied to floor/panel door actuator. Vacuum is not applied to panel/defrost door actuator. A/C compressor operates to dehumidify air and reduce windshield fogging. Airflow exits from panel vents and floor ducts.
Defrost
Vacuum is not applied to air inlet door, allowing outside air into system. Heater water control valve is at no vacuum, allowing hot coolant to reach heater core. No vacuum is applied to floor/panel door actuator or to panel/defrost door actuator. A/C compressor operates to dehumidify air and reduce windshield fogging. Airflow exits from defrost outlets.

Dave H
In your response it said to see fig 1. But it was not there. Do you have a diagram of the heater a/c and damper operation? Also the vacum chart for the selector switch?

Jdzupan
Sorry i don't have a diagram of damper operation

fig 1

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_fig1_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_fig2_2.jpg

let me know if you need anything else !

Dave H
Where can I get a diagram like yours for my a/c heater dampers and vacume diampers/ selector switchs.
I have a hard time reading the ones on the website.
I would be willing to purchase theses acurate diagrams.

Jdzupan
We use the diagrams in. You can purchase these on the link below. At the bottom of my reply box.

Find a car repair manual for your Ford Ranger Repair Question.

Dave H