TURN SIGNAL FLASHER

1997 Ford Ranger

1997 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual n/a miles

Where exactly is the turn signal flasher located? I've heard it's under the steering column, I've looked, but don't see it. I'm talking about the little two prong round device.
Roadbum

Its behind left side of dash on I/P fuse panel-Sorry no pic

I looked on the fuse panel on the left side of the I/P no flasher unit there (we are talking about one of those two prong round things they keep trying to sell me at the auto parts store arn't we?)
I've pulled the fuse panel out a little bit, theres a plastic cover that connects to the fuse panel itself, can't see any flasher behind that. I've even taken the shrouds off under the wheel and looked up behind everything, no luck there either.

Roadbum
Try this: Take plastic panel off under stearing column (4 screws - two holding on hood release). There's a metal panel behind that (take off 5 small bolts). It's to the left of the stearing column. Could be blue or yellow with 5 wires coming off it. It slides off a plastic attachment

Check this one-am trying buddy to get you there just be patient

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_flasher_37.jpg