WONT START

1994 Ford Ranger

1994 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 160161 miles

i have a 1994 ranger ext. Cab 3.0 automatic. Here couple months ago I was on my way home and started notice it was missing and jerking whenever I hit the gas, and it died on me before I got home, so I had it towed home, next morning I went outside to look at it and it started right up I drove it down the road and back and I shut it of and it wouldn't start back. I went and replaced the plugs wires rotor button and dist. Cap, ignition control module, maf sensor, fuel filter, I checked the fuel pressure and it was 32 when it was running and after it died and I tried starting it up it was 40, what else is there to check, the check engine light isn't on
Jr42717

Your pressure is a ted low, key on engine running it should be 35-38 psi, key on enine off it should be 40-43 psi, did you check your pressure regulator?

http://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator

Merlin2021
Would that bein just a couple psi low cause it not to start

Jr42717
No one of the specs is for key on engine off. You said you changed the filter, so that's not clogged, so either your pressure regulator is weak, or the pump.
Did you also check for a good spark at all plugs?

Merlin2021
Ok I will check them out next, I used some starting fluid and it still did'nt start up, and I only checked one plug and it was firing

Jr42717
If you have been trying to start it for a while, remove all plugs, change oil and filter, and check the spark, either use a remote start switch, or remove the fuel pump relay so gas isnt running into the engine. You probably have already washed the cylinder walls and piston rings in gas, this will reduce engine compression! Plugs wet with gas? Put a fresh set of plugs in.

Merlin2021
Ok I bought me a equus 3145 obd1 scan tool and it gave me the following codes: 116- engine coolant temp higher or lower than expected
122- throttle position sensor below minimum voltage
336- egr sensor circuit voltage higher than expected
542- fuel pump secondary circuit fault, I did like you said I checked made sure all plugs are getting fire they are changed oil, would one of these codes be causing it to do that

Jr42717
Start with 116, replace the ect+engine coolant temp sensor, it acts like the choke for EFI engines.

Merlin2021
Thanks for your help replacing that fixed the problem

Jr42717
Ok your welcome, also clear the codes, Fords tend to remember codes, and can lead to problems if not cleared!

Merlin2021
Yea I already done that to

Jr42717