ENGINE WON'T START =WEAK/NO SPARK

1992 Ford Ranger

1992 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 92 ranger 4.0 v-6
It won't start but cranks fine. I checked the spark and found 2 cyl. With no spark and 4 with weak spark what is the likely problem?
Dvcnkln

Check distributor cap and rotor.

Also switch wires around, does the problem move wiht the plug wires? If so you need new plug wires.

Could be bad ignition coil.

Blackop555
This is a distributor-less ignition and I have already replaced the coil and moved wires around to see if I could get spark on the bad cyl. I could not

Dvcnkln
Next I would add a +12v jumper wire from the battery to the + terminal on the ignition coil and check the spark again, does it provide better spark or the same?

Blackop555
I can not really do that with this type of coil it has the plug on the side not the terminal post. I have checked the input to the coil and I get 12.4V, and 10.65V while cranking

Dvcnkln
First you can splice in a +12v. Thus the jumper wire.

Since your getting good functionality is the coil putting out a bright blue spark? Or weak or dead

Blackop555
The spark that I get is weak ( Yellow not Blue )

Dvcnkln