CHANGED EVERYTHING CANT FIX IT

1996 Ford Probe

1996 Ford Probe 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 130000 miles

bought this probe was told that woman was driving and changed gears car died and wouldnt start again. At first I had no Spark to cylinders solved that changed distributer have spark but the only way 2 turn engine over is with remote push button starter underhood. Cant get anything to happen by turning key. Changed switch on clutch pedal changed ignition switch all relays have been swapped out relays are clicking so must work. Have fuel and fuel cut off has not tripped.
Help! What else could it be
Ironhd86

Hi ironhd86, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation.

Check main fuse 100amp and Ign key fuse 40amp in the engine compartment fuse box.

We gonna take this step by step-Okay at the clutch switch unplug the connector -hold key at starting position and check for power at the green wire-Do you have it, if so plug the connector back up and check for power at the starter black and red wire do you have it?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_starter_relay_11.jpg

All fuses good had 11.60 volts at starter(black and red on green wire at clutch switch with key turned to start pos. Had 00.09 volts.
Lost internet for couple of days due to storm. Can you still help me?
What is next step?

Ironhd86
Charge the battery up to 12.4 atleast and try to jump start the starter solenoid red/black to the battery terminal and see what happens.

Ok, charged battery up 2 12.55 jumped from battery 2 solenoid got a click. Was I supposed to leave turminals hooked up cause I took them off so I wouldnt short anything. What does this tell you?

Ironhd86
Ok, charged battery up 2 12.55 jumped from battery 2 solenoid got a click. Doing this should cause the starter to engage the engine -Double check again the battery and connections and also the stater side if okay Drop the starter and get it load tested.

I told u in my 1st message that I had remote push button hooked up when I push it starter turns engine over even acts like it wants to start.
Problem is I get nothing when I turn key in ignition switch. What happens when I turn the key is the digital clock goes out for a few seconds then the flashing light for the air bag starts flashing and the clock comes back on shortly after releasing the key.

Ironhd86

Jumper the clutch switch if the starter don't engage the engine and all you got is a click-replace the ignition switch.

Ok put jumper indidnt work. When I got the click was under the hood, getting nothing but dash lights and other electrical working.
Have parts probe that was rolled but engine ran fine until I started taking it apart to fix this one. Removed ignition switch from other one and plugged it in. Same result as other ignition switch. Can try anything u can think of. Have replaced all fuses all relays in engine compartment fuse box. Replaced clutch switch. Replaceddistributor thats when I got spark to the cylinders.
I'm really wandering about this thing with the clock going out but my comanche has the same problem but it still starts.
You name it I can replace it

Ironhd86
Do this hold key in cranking position and bang on the starter if it engages the engine -replace the starter. Your starting system circuit starts at the ignition switch thru the clutch switch and then to the starter.

Ok did what u said starter did not engage but had another starter put in and did same test same result did not engage.
What next?

Ironhd86