NO FIRE FROM SPARK PLUGS

1995 Ford Probe

1995 Ford Probe 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 187000 miles

the other day my probe started to run hot so I imediatly pulled over and had it towed home. I found that the thermostat was stuck shut. It was easyer to take the radiator out while replaceing the thermostat cause I didnt know if it was that or the water pump. I started the car without the radiator and antifreeze went every where. When I replaced everything now I have now spark I replaced the spark plugs wires and distributor cap and still have nothing but the car was running the same day I replaced the thermostat
Willywil

Double check all wiring connectors the coolant could have shorted out the ignition system wiring-

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it.

Its been several days now I think the coolant would be dry by now. Do you think that it would be a smart idea to change the whole distributor. Could one of the main fuses be stoping it from getting spark

Willywil
Don't throw parts to it -it can be expensive-check what I've suggested to start at the crankshaft positioning sensor then do the rest.

Coolant over the place can short an electrical components it acts as an electrical conductor.

How will I be able to tell if it is bad or not. Or do you think it needs a good cleaning

Willywil
I changed the crank postion sensor and still have no fire is there any kind of shut down switch that would cause it to have no fire

Willywil
There's no shutdown switch-you need to test the rest the ignition components as mentioned earlier.

Hi sorry to bother again. I got the probe running it ended up being the coil so I changed the entire distributor. Ive been driving it for about two weeks and now it seems to be missfiring and it seems to have a loss of power kinda seems like it " boggs out" around 3 to 4000 rpms. Also it like shakes while you are sitting at a idle. Ive changed the plugs and the wires checked the gaps on the plugs set them all to the same. Do you think its possible that the map sensor went bad or maybe the catalytic converter may be clogged even tho its almost brand new. Or could I have some kind of air problem?

Willywil
Inspect and test below

Oxygen sensor.
Catalytic converter.
Fuel injectors dirty/sticking.
Mass airflow sensor/Airflow meter.
Throttle position sensor.
Manifold absolute pressure sensor.
EGR Valve
Fuel pressure regulator leaking or defective fuel pump.
False air leakage.
Fuel contamination.
Foul/defective spark plugs.
Open spark plug wires.
Ignition coil/Coil packs defective.
Incorrect ignition timing.
Cap and rotor.

Note: If it doesn't apply disregard