FORD PROBE FUSE PROBLEM

1993 Ford Probe

1993 Ford Probe 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 191432 miles

What would cause the parking lights, instrument cluster an taillights to stop working. To start the orange wire in the fuse box under the hood burned out. I replaced an rewired the entire relay all the way back to the fuse box in the car ( driverside just left of the clutch pedal). There is now power coming into relay via the main fuse connection under the hood. I also have power leaving the relay via the green wire controling the headlights ( witch work now).

updated 10/26/09
no that did not answer the question. The green wire has power all the way back to the dashboard. If I by-pass the relay an touch the orange wire to the battery everything comes on. Would it be stupid to just put in switch an fuse to bye-pass the relay.
PROBSTER

Welcome to the forum, thanks for the donation. The white wire with blue tracer, two wires, at park lamp relay, is voltage, comes from tail lamp fuse, hot all the time. The lite green wire is ground for the coil side of relay, grounds through the multifunction switch. The other wire, forgot color, carries voltage to whatever relay controls.

I'm not sure If I answered your question?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_ford_probe_instrument_cluster_1.jpg

Hi, our database shows the above wiring for the park lamp relay. Instrument cluster illumination gets voltage from the park lamp relay. The lite green wire is ground, the ground is activated by the headlamp switch. As long as the ground isn't activated, there will be voltage on the lite green wire. Once the coil side of relay is activated, the relay is energized, that arm switches to the orange wire. The orange wire supplies voltage for the cluster illumination.

According to forum rules, I'm not supposed to bypass anything. I will try to help you find the problem.

Thanks for the response. I have just about given up on this little problem. I rebuilt the engine in three days with no problems. Its just this little switch has gotten the best of me. I have replace everything the dash-board switch entire fuse box on the inside of the car along with the relay an wiring under the hood. Would I be best advised to just take her into a shop? Would u have any ideal as to what might have caused the orange wire to burn up in the first place? Last could the computer in the car be burned up? Even though everything else in the car works?

PROBSTER

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_ford_probe_1_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_ford_probe_2_1.jpg

The above circuits are served by the orange wire. I don't know what caused the orange wire to burn? If you checked all voltage and ground circuits, I don't know where else to look?

I'm very greatful for the diagram even if this turns out to be another dead end.

PROBSTER