87 5.0 SERPENTINE BELT "SQUELLS" LOUDLY

1987 Ford Mustang

(1987 FORD MUSTANG 5.0 M/T CONVT) IM NO DUMMY OR EXPERT. SIMPLE AND PLAIN. REMOVAL/REPLACEMENT OF STOCK ALTERNATOR. DISCONNECTED THE NEG BATT TERM / USED RATCHET TO LOSEN AUTO BELT TENSIONER / REMOVED TWO MOUNTING BOLTS / REMOVED TWO WIRING HARNESSES & REPLACED EVERYTHING EXACTLY THE WAY IT WAS. NO MODIFICATIONS AT ALL / START UP CAR THE BELT " SQUEELS". THE NEW ALT AND OTHER PULLEYS ARE STILL LINED UP PERFECTLY. THE PULLY FROM THE NEW ALT HAS SOME AMOUNT OF GROOVES. BELT IS GOOD CONDITION / NO RIPS OR CRACKS ETC. BUT IT SQUELLS LIKE HELL.I WAS TOLD AT DIFF AUTO PARTS STORES NOT TO USED BELT DRESSING BECAUSE SERP BELTS RUN ON BOTH SIDE. PLEASE HELP! TKJ3@HOTMAIL. COM
50SWANGER

I had a 5.0 in a ford truck and had a squeeler and I found out that it was the belt wich was made by armarmark (cheapy) I replaced it with a gates and never had another squeek. Hope this helps.

Rev