MODIFIED 5.0 ELECTRICAL ISSUES

1983 Ford Mustang

Ive been have problems with a drop in power " volts" while driving when I accelerate I drop from about 14 v down sometimes to 10v lights dim etc also when im sitting and idaling and my rpms are low it does this too. Ive been so frustrated with this ive been working on it for months now.
Geist

Sounds like possible two causes.
Replace your alternato and voltage regluator as a set and you should be fixed up when doing so make sure your battery is fully charged would wnat to through the voltage regulator wide open due to low battery no good on it. (NOS)

NOS
It has a 94 cobra alternator on it the alternator and voltage regulator are one. And ive replaced my alternator 3 times. Because thats what ive been told and still no dice

Geist
Ok lets say that the alt and reg is good. Check all your grounds, battery to engine, engine to frame, engine to body, not sure realy what you mean by voltage drop. You either have 13.5 volts or not but if your see lights fliker and such it is possible you have a bad ground some where or you have a bad headlight switch. All systems have to have a real good ground or they don't function well. Try all that and let me know back.(NOS).

NOS