STEREO WIRING

2005 Ford Freestar

2005 Ford Freestar V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Vehicle has CD unit w/ AUX selector. Currently the factory DVD player is the input for the AUX.

What I want to do is splice in an additional input into the input wires for the AUX. I intend to add a stereo port that I plug in my iPod into the stereo.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/181040_Freestar_wiring_diagram_1.jpg

The wiring diagram is from a shaker model. I think that is a a amp addon and uses the J4 connector. Mine only has the J1 & J3 connectors. I think the pinouts are the same on all of these connectors.

My main concern would be not blowing the stereo because two units are inputing to the AUX. I don't plan on playing the DVD player and iPod and the same tiime but...... I doubt the combined power of the two units would do any damage but tolerences of today's electronics are the same as in the 80's so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for the time.
Karlh

Hello, we do not recommend splicing any wires into the harness, but if you want to experiment I do think any damage can occur, performs test @ low volume level outputs.

2CarPros Ken