ZX3

2003 Ford Focus

My car is stressing me out. I've got a Ford focus ZX3 2003 with 80,000 miles which makes it right past the insurance coverage. The car as of late has been stuttering as it comes to a stop. Also! When driving from low to high speeds the car lags when shifting and has even stopped accelerating while on the freeway like the car switched into nutreul. Scary stuff. I have no Idea what is going on. No check engine light comes on and it is occuring more frequently.

I'm college with a budget of whatever is in my pocket. Help would be appreciated and I have heard that you guys were the guys to ask. Thanks.

Update. AAMCO just called me with a transmission check and said I'm leaking fluid through a pressure release valve. I don't know how long I have been driving with low trans fluid but hopefully damage to the transmission is limited.

Still excepting thoughts.
Fuellenbach

What is the level of your transmission fluid?

Currently empty. As soon as AAMCO filled the trans with fluid and then drove it around the block for a test ride it was empty by return. I know, not good.

Fuellenbach
Uuuhhh, yeah.

So you do have an idea of what is going on.
Transmission fluid leak as a start and now a transmission most likely.

Fulenbach said: How much is general transmission work costing? How much is a new trans for a 2003 Ford Focus costing on average so I don't get ripped off?

And should I go with warranty extensions?

Thanks for your help.

My opinion is to put in a jasper remanufactured transmission, it has a 3 year/75,000 mile warranty.

Before you do that you need to fix whatever is leaking. Then fill up the tranny and see how it goes, maybe you got lucky.