STARTER PROBLEM

Ford Focus

2001 Ford Focus, 65,000 miles, 2.0L. The car would intermittently not crank--nothing happens after turning the ignition switch. Must try several times before it would crank. Autozone checked battery, starter, alternator and all checked out good. Once started, car runs fine but problem getting it to crank. Any ideas.
Butlerf

I have a 2005 Focus - had the same problem.
It is a connection problem, mine just happened to be that the negative side of the battery (the post) was corroded (a lot of white chalky substance on it). Cleaned it off with 1/3 cup baking soda, 2/3 cup water and wire brushed it, dryed it off, reconnected, and put battery post gel all over it. No problems since. You say Autozone checked the starter, alternator, etc, but did they check the connection to the starter? It has to be very clean and tight. I had that problem also. Hope this helps.

Focusproblem