ZX3

2002 Ford Focus

Recently, my Focus started having an intermittent knocking sound under the car. It appears to be under the front seat more towards the right. I have taken the car into the shop and even though they can hear the knocking, nothing seems to be wrong with the car. They have checked the suspension system already. The car only has 27,000 miles on it and though it might be a coincidence, the noise appeared to start after going through a self serve car wash. There are no lights on and the car brakes, steers and starts fine. I am increasingly frustrated by this noise and it is not going away even though it doesn't happen all of the time. Any ideas? Thanks.
Dialan

When does it happen? On acceleration, braking, normal driving, turning. Check the exhaust to be sure it isnt hiting the floorboard. Check for Tech Service Bulletins for that problem, there will be alot of them but look for ones that pertain to your problem

Jack42
It seems to happen on all of those, bit it seems to get worse on rough roads or bumps. It does appear to be coming more towards the front wheel on the drivers side. Also, I hate to seem ignorant but where are the Tech Service Bulletins listed?

Dialan