ENGINE VIBRATION

2001 Ford Focus

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2001 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

Hi, My 2001 Focus has been generally a good vehicle. However, for the past couple months the car has had heavy vibration while at idle. Right before I come to a stop the front of the car starts shaking. But, as soon as I accelerate the vibration goes away and doesn't come back till I stop again. The car is not running rough, just this constant vibration. It doesn't seem to be a vacuum leak as I have replaced hoses. Would this be due to fuel injectors or engine mounts? The CEL was on for a bit but turned off after we had the battery disconnected when working on it and hasn't come on since.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Josh_h

I actually had the exact same problem in my focus. It would shake violently when I started the car and at idle speeds. And it's not that it goes away at cruising speeds, you just can't feel it anymore. I just replaced my passenger and driver side motor mounts and it cut the vibrations out completely. If you want to make sure it's the motor mounts before you go out and buy them then i'd recommend getting a flat hydraulic jack and putting it under your oil pan then jacking your car up. This will take the weight of the motor off the mounts and if it takes away the vibrations then chances are it's your mounts : )

Baku342
My golfing buddy's 2005 Ford Focus with 78K miles on it vibrated badly at idle and even worse at road speeds. I told him that my dealer replaced the passenger side motor mount and transmission mount under warranty on my 2005 Focus and the engine smoothed out like brand new. His mechanic replaced his two engine mount and his wife asked if they just got a new car it was that improved. I was having a recurrence of the vibration at idle, replaced the passenger side mount and the engine purrs like a kitten again. This is a chronic problem with 2001-2007 Ford Focus.

Albinkz