FESTIA CLUTCH OR ACCELERATION

1998 Ford Festiva

1998 Ford Festiva Engine Size unknown Two Wheel Drive Manual? Miles

this is my first car. For the 1st week or so it was fine. But now when I accelerate I have 2 change gear lot earlier (changing into 3rd gear at about 23 miles an hour) what could be the problem?
Mc_tiny69

I dont get it. Why do you have to change gears so soon? Be as elaborative as you can.

Mastertechtim
Sorry didnt explain it clearly. When I get t around 23 its reving alot at around 3500

Mc_tiny69
Still not clear but I think your saying when you start off driving in a standard shift car that the rpms go real high without the car accelerating as quickly as it should. Correct. This means your clutch is slipping and needs to be replaced.

Mastertechtim
Yep spot on!
I thought that might be the case. Is it an easy thing 2 replace?

Mc_tiny69
For me, yes. If you have never done one before it is a very difficult job. You need to remove the transmission to access it.

Mastertechtim
Ok I might give that a miss then! Is it smething that needs seeing asap?

Mc_tiny69
Well thats a judgement call. It wont last long. Be careful not to over rev your engine trying to get it to move

Mastertechtim
Ok thank you very much been a big help!

Mc_tiny69