F350 BRAKE ROTOR REPLACEMENT CAUSES POWER STEERING NOISE?

1935 Ford F-350

I just picked my '2000 F350 up from the mechanic where I had the tires rotated and new front brake rotors and pads installed. Immediately upon moving the truck out of the parking spot, I heard a whinning sound that seemed to change in loudness as I turned the wheel. I drove around the parking lot then straight back to the mechanic to ask what they had done to the car. They came out, located the sound as emanating from the power steering pump. They topped off the fluid. The manager then told me it was a " common problem in Fords" for air to make its way into the system when they replaced the rotors and that the air would 'work itself out' as I drove around. I am concerned that they may have damaged the power steering rack when they put the truck on the lift, or that they somehow damaged the pump in the few hours they had the truck.
Any advice? Is there a way to get the air out of the power steering system if in fact this is the problem?
Thanks in advance.
SCFord

Front brake rotor replacement has nothing to do with the power steering pump. Ford p/s/pumps are noisey as a general rule but a whining noise?
Maybe the belt, coincidental that the pump would go at the same time?
Get another opinion

Lovescars