SECURITY SYSTEM PROBLEM

Ford F-150

1999 Ford F-150, 180,000+miles. Recently while attempting to start my truck to go to work the engine would turn over, the theft light would flash and the motor would never start. I have 2 key and it happens with both. Do I need to replace the ignition? :
Jo_lavender

Do you think someone attempted to break into your truck? Sometimes if for some reason the truck belives it was an attempted theft it will shut everything down and you will have to put in a certian code to get it running again.

Lsussel
Ford finally notified me of the problem although it took them 3 days to figure it out once I told them what I thoutht the problem was. Turns out to be the computer chip (transcriber) in the ignition that is worn and has to be replaced. This is the chip that reads the keys chip. I thought that I would add this just incase anyone else comes up with this problem.

Jolene

Jo_lavender
Thanks for your responce. Good luck and dont forget to come back if you ever need anymore help!

Lsussel