F150 BATTERY LIGHT

2001 Ford F-150

2001 Ford F150 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

I was hoping to get some help. Yesterday morning I started my truck and to my surprise the battery light was on. I had the battery checked and it was fine but the guy at the auto parts store said to check the wire to the alternator. It drove all day but died once I got home. The radio still turns on as well as the light in the truck. It only clicks when I try to start it. After sitting for some time it starts. What should I be looking at?

Help!

Melissa
Trevino

Sounds like the battery is not getting charged.
The clicking sound you heard when it wouldn't start was the starter motor trying but not getting enough power from the battery.

The radio, lights, etc will still work with a low battery because they require very little power compared to your starter motor.

You are going to want to look at the wires going to the alternator (charges your battery) or the alternator its self.

Dlobi