F150 POWER STEERING PULLEY

2000 Ford F-150

Steering problem
2000 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 150000 miles

Hey, got a weird one for ya. Im too cheap to go buy a repair manual, or maybe I just believe in helping someone out, I dunno, anyway I got a 4.2L V6 that for some reason came with a PLASTIC? Power steering pump pulley. It has broken itself and I need to replace it. I ordered the new one and got a METAL one. It was brand new and ONLY cost me $12. Twelve bucks! Cheapskates. I need to remove the old one and cant figure out how. Is this something that will have to be pressed on and off or can a grease monkey like me and my old set of snap ons handle the job? Just as an ad lib, my entire family owns Ford products. We have all bought new ones within the last 10 years or so. And for these last 10 years Ford has went to patootee on their quality. Im not talking about the under payed worker assembling it but more the engineer sitting in the air conditioning saying they need to save 15 cents by putting unreliable plastic intakes and pulleys on these motors. I would rather a late 70's to late 80's model ranger or explorer. At least they were " Built to Last".
Callasann

The pulley is pressed on. You can do it yourself if you purchase a power steering pulley puller and installer. Otherwise you can take it to a garage and they will do it when they get a chance, which can be a week from the time you drop it off, and most likely charge you $40 - $60.

Obxautomedic