F150 STARTER LOCATION AND REMOVAL?

1997 Ford F-150

1997 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 250000 miles

I tried starting my truck yesterday and it doesnt turn period. I have full power to lights, fan, AC, etc. There's no clicking, so its not the battery,
so Im thinkin its the starter which I know has been in poor shape to begin with.
Where is it located and how do I remove it? I've already got someone in mind to refurbish it.
Can I remove it without jacking the truck up?
Thanks.
Hetfield2009

Follow power wire from battery through engine cavity if you have difficulty locating starter. You will need to raise the vehicle for this repair.

REMOVAL: Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Remove the starter terminal cover.
Remove the terminal nut and separate the battery starter cable from the starter motor.
Disconnect the solenoid S terminal connector, if equipped with a starter mounted solenoid.

To disconnect the hard-shell connector from the solenoid S terminal, grasp the plastic shell and pull off; do not pull on the wire. Pull straight off to prevent damage to the connector and S terminal.

Remove the starter motor retaining bolts.
Remove the starter motor from the vehicle.

INSTALLATION: Place the starter motor in position and install the starter motor retaining bolts. Tighten the bolts to 15-20 ft. Lbs. (20-27 Nm).
Install the battery starter cable and a terminal nut to the starter motor. Tighten the terminal nuts to 79 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
Connect the solenoid S terminal connector, if equipped with a starter mounted solenoid.
Install the starter solenoid safety cap, if equipped.
Lower the vehicle.
Connect the negative battery cable.
Start the engine several times to check starter motor operation.

Bluelightnin6