F150 ENGINE RUNS ROUGH

1995 Ford F-150

1995 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 122000 miles

I have a truck that I purchased from a friend. When I drove it home it seemed to be running a little rough and sometimes when I put on the gas it acted odd. It didnt cough or hesitate it just seemed to not run smoothly. I would back off the gas and reapply and it would go but just not ok. I got home and replaced the wires and the plug and cap and rotor. It helped but I started it up and ran it for a sec then turned it off to just look at something. Then when I went back to run it again it wouldnt start. I turned it over and over and nothing. I rechecked what I touched when it was off and nothing. I tried again and it ran after I kept on it. I drove it around the block but it seems to be idling rough. Like it wants to die. Also the plugs smelled gassy.
Dyerblak1

Check your fuel pressure and then comeback with the readings we start here.

I am mechanically inclined but where to I hook it up at? Do I need to do before the fuel filter or does it matter just incase my filter is the problem.

Dyerblak1
Pressure was at 31 or 32 psi. Depending on the marks between. Also I did your test on the fuel pressure regulator and that checked out. Now when I turn the key the pressure gauge goes up but not to the 30 range. And when I rev it up the gauge goes up 3 or 4 psi.

Dyerblak1
When you turn key to run the fuel pressure should be 35-45psi and engine running should read 28-45psi

Sounds like the fuel pump is weak

Does it matter that I have a dual tank? What are the odds of both being weak? Is that common? It could be my gauge also. Since when I turn on the key the gauge doesnt move at all. And I tried it on my other newer vehicle and it has a new fuel pump and same results.

Dyerblak1
Check the available voltage on both fuel pumps connector-could be a voltage drop problem.