F150 FUEL PUMP WIRING

1992 Ford F-150

1992 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 220000 miles

getting power on ground wire but no power to fuel pump
Khenri

Give me the engine liter, also are you talking about the dark green and yellow no power there?

Look for the inertia cut off switch might be tripped behind right kick panel.

There is power on main yellow wire power on red ignition switch and power on ground wire on back of fuse box, fuel pump shorted inside fuel tank on red wire, so we are trying to replace with new fuel pump no power to pump (4.9L)

Khenri
Have you check the fuel pump relay and inertia switch?

Both switches have been checked and they are okay.

Khenri
Do you have power at inertia switch dark green/yellow? When key is in On position

Have power on ground wire from fuel pump relay to 60 pin plug, ground to fuel pump has no power from
cab to fuel pump, power from switch to relay is good

Khenri
Do you have a dark green and yellow wire at the fuel pump connector? When the ECU energizes the fuel pump relay all you got is 2 secs to check for power at the pump connector. When the truck fires up the inertia switch powers the pump.

Check for power at pin No.8 at ECU.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_4_3.jpg

Thank you, you been very helpful I will check out the things you have pointed out. Also do you make housecalls lol!

Khenri
I'll be waiting for your return if further assistance is needed. BTW I don't think! My husband would like that-sorry. Lol