F150 IGNITION COIL, DISTRIBUTOR?

1989 Ford F-150

1989 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 43,000 miles

I have replaced the ignition coil and the distributor cap and button. I have no spark whatsoever now. What is wrong with my truck!
Chris_n_jess28

Sounds like No spark

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Ok I know there is power going to the ignition coil and the distributor, those have been tested with a test lamp. Where are these other sensors located that you are refering to?

Chris_n_jess28
Disregard the sensors-test the distributor pick-up coil and the ignition control module.

Ok what do I look for now if im disregarding the tests?

Chris_n_jess28
Does the test lamp flash on the out put of the coil when you crank it over? Look at the distributor and see if there is a module mounted on it. That is the TFI module. It has the plug and 2 bolts(tiny) and after you undue them it pulls down. You can take that to an Auto store and they can test it but I have had a similiar problem and that was the problem. It should run you about $ 30 for the part.

TexasTurkey
I have removed the TFI module and taken it to a parts store and it did test bad. I just want to thank you for your help. Now as soon as I can come up with the 37 bucks to purchase a new one I will have it back on the road. I have also discovered while searching other parts of the world wide web that there is also a law suit on Ford about the location of this particular TFI module and on many, many other models. Any ideas on how to relocate the TFI module?

Chris_n_jess28