NO SPARK

1998 Ford Explorer

1998 Ford Explorer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

I have had zero previous symtoms. I turned the key to start the truck in the morning and it just cranked. I thought it was a fuel issue but can hear the pump. Next, I checked for spark and found that I had none leaving the coil pack.

Everthing seems to be functioning and with no previous symptoms I find it hard to believe my coil pack could abruptly go.

Could the security system malfunction and cut my spark. The symtoms are the same if I accidentally try to start the truck with a door key. I did try two different keys that are coded and neither worked.
I also tried to disconect the battery to reset th computer in hopes it was the security system.

Should I try to replace the coil pack first. Can I reset or disconect my security system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gary
Chloe05

If you have any friends who have a tool to check for codes, I strongly recommend checking for codes first, because this problem could be caused by many things. I couldn't say whether or not it is your coil pack, but I can say that the coil pack can go out without any warning, at all.

Geharbison