COOLANT LEAK

1997 Ford Explorer

Engine Cooling problem
1997 Ford Explorer V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 165000 miles

I own a 1997 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0 V8. There is a coolant leak on the passenger side of the vehicle and it is dripping onto the header. On the header is a hose or pipe that looks like it is leaking. What is cauisng this leak? I can not pin point the problem. Again, it is one the passenger side of the engine compartment and it involves the area where the header is.
Ntmorgan

If the steel pipe is coming off the manifold, chances are that is a heat riser used to warm the fuel going into the engine when it is cold outside. As far as the coolant leak, if it is dripping on to the exhaust manifold, check for an intake leak or head gasket leak. Let me know if can tell where it is coming from. If you still can't, there make a dye you can put into the coolant and check for leaks with a black light. It coolant will glow and it makes it easier to follow its trail.

Let me know.