BLOWER MOTOR

2001 Ford Expedition

Heater problem
2001 Ford Expedition V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

After replacing fan switch, resistor and blower motor, I still don't have any air blowing up to the defroster, panel or floor vents. Blower motor is working, (i can hear it), but no air flow. Is there something that controls the opening and closing the vent doors that I have missed?
Jerry1952

AIR MANAGEMENT DOORS
Air management doors are controlled by vacuum control motors and an electronic door actuator motor. Air inlet and distribution doors are controlled by a vacuum control motor. Temperature blend door is controlled by electronic door actuator motor.
The electronic door actuator provides a variable number of temperature blend door positions. Temperature control position energizes the electronic door actuator motor moving temperature blend door.
Vacuum control motors are used on both air distribution and air inlet doors. Air inlet and panel/defrost doors use a 2-position vacuum control motor. Floor duct/panel door uses a 3-position vacuum control motor. Vacuum control motors are controlled by engine vacuum through A/C-heater control panel.

Dave H
Dave, is there one central location or feed that controls the vacuum doors for both heater and defrost that is not hard to get to. Or, is it posssible a vacuum line was disconnected while putting the blower motor in position?

Jerry1952
How do I check the electronic door actuator motor to see if its getting power? Where is the actuator located?

Jerry1952
As you already probably know ... this is not an easy system to work on ? I would be checking the black vacuum pipe/hose from manifold see if it has become disconnected the blend door on this and other models seem's to be a constant problem and may need replacing .. but you should still get cold/cool air blowing if that was the case .. from your description your getting no air at all ? but you can hear the blower, I suspect you have something not connected correctly ..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_vac_4.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_heater_1.jpg

Dave H