02 DIESEL DIES WHILE IDLING

2002 Ford Excursion

Other Category problem
2002 Ford Excursion Engine Size unknown Four Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

Our 02 Excursion (diesel engine) has died 3 times in the last week while idling. We replaced both batteries after it died the first time, but it has still died 2 more times. Also, while driving over the weeknd, the " wait to start" glow plug light came on and continued to stay on. Hasn't come back on since. I'm a mom of 4 kids and I'm nervous to drive them around. Any suggestion as to what we should check? I don't want to be ripped off by the dealer. Thank you very much!
Dw10

I suspect that you may need a Crank Position Sensor (CPS). This is the recall announced by Ford late last year on diesel F-250, F-350, and Excursion models with 7.3 litre engines.

Check with your local Ford dealer. Replacement of the Crank Position Sensor (CPS) is free.

DieselXcursion
There is a recall for the cam sencor that sound just like your problem, when the car warms up it just dies. Contact your dealer and have them replace it and this repair should take care of the problem. If this is your problem let me know by contacting at jmichaelgonzalez@yahoo. Com

Jmichaelgonzalez