...STRANGE NOISE

1999 Ford Escort

Hello
I have a 1999 Ford Escort SE and it has 52000 miles on it. The car runs great but latley I am hearing a weird noise from the front of the car that gets more intense as the speed increases. It sort of sounds like the tires on the pavement but a bit louder. I thought my fan was rubbing but that is OK. The car seems to drive fine but the noise is annoying. It seems louder with the windows rolled up that with them open. Any suggestions?
Thanks and I am glad to have found this forum.
Geoffe

Its just the car man. Hers does the same thing. Its loud and annoying. As long as theres no shake in the front end, just turn the radio on. I had mechanics look at that car several times. Everything was fine. And I do mean everything. They said, it was just how the car was built. After a while, it just gets louder as it gets older. Hers has about the same miles as well.

Jaylamp