STALLS ON ACCELERATION

1993 Ford Escort

1993 Ford Escort 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 123000 miles

car idles fine, but when accelerated even at say 55 mph the engine wants to stall. Your thoughts?
Andrewjetman

Hi Andrewjetman,

Thank you for the donation.

Does the Check Engine Lamp shows while driving?

Is your vehicle 1.8 or 1.9 L?

No Sir, the engine light is not on. The car will start fine and idle ok. I was thinking about the posibility of a bad fuel pressure regulator. The fuel filters (ALL) are new the sock is new as well. Fuel pump (TANK) is new too. Im thinking about checking the pressure on the rail. I have the proper gauge to check that with. I just need to see what Ford (or you ) can tell me what the proper operating pressure and fluctuation is I guess. Carefully checked for Vacuum leaks with soapy water on all lines. None. Im also thinking about checking all fuel lines for obstructions.

Andrewjetman
Oh yes I forgot to tell you.1.9 litre

Andrewjetman
Hi,

Things to do in your case

Check power to MAP/BARO sensor.
Check air intake system. Also, ensure throttle plate and linkages operate properly.
Check for restricted exhaust system.
Check EGR system.
Check fuel delivery system.
Check engine compression.
Check engine mechanical condition.
Check intake manifold, manifold gasket, camshaft and valves.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_FuelPressure93Escort_1.jpg

You should use the specs for OTHERS