MY CAR TURNS OVER BUT WONT START

1993 Ford Escort

1993 Ford Escort 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

My 1993 ford escort 1.9L 4 cylinder turns over but wont start. When I first got the car it did the same thing but it started. I changed the spark plugs, the spark plug wires and the gas filter. I than started it and let the gas go through the new filter. I than took it out for a drive. Everything went well but when I was done driving it I parked it in my driveway and let it sit there. About 1 hours later I went back outside to go for a little drive. I started the car and the car just dyed on me. I tryed starting it again and it was just turning over. About 2 and a half hours later I tryed again thinking it wont start. To my surprise it did start and I took it out for a drive. I than waited for my dad to get home to show him that it is starting. Started it and than he sayed let me go inside to warm up a bit and I will be out in 5 to 10 minutes. I shut down the car and when he came outside the car didnt start. Can anybody please help me find the problem? Thanks. Before all these problems my mom filled up the car with gas to the top can that have anything to do with it?
Seve12345

You need to check what is missing
spark or fuel
if its spark most likely the module no good
you need a new on
if its fuel check fuel pump and fuses and relay
let me know

BMRFIXIT
How do you see if the spark is working?

Seve12345
Pull one of the spark plug wire out and place it close to a ground crank engine watch for a spark arcing out

BMRFIXIT
There is no sparks we pull out one of the spark plug wires and we placed it on the manifold, than we took a screw driver put it inside the spark wire and no spark either and than we took a wire to see if there was a spark and my dad touched the open end of the wire and didnt even get a little shock. We also disconected the two hoses from the top or the gas filter and the bottom and no gas came out of either side.

Seve12345
Need a test light or volts meter
With key on engine off check if you have battery power at the coil
if so I would check and or replace the module
module is the most common to fail
did you say you checked the timing belt if not do that 1st

BMRFIXIT
How do you check the timing belt?

Seve12345
Pull the oil fill cap ash a helper to crank for you
watch the cam shaft and rocker if moving while cranking
or remove the plastic cover on the front of engine in the timing cover and crank while watching the pulley
it should turn

BMRFIXIT
Everything moves. We took off the oil cap and looked inside and everything was moving. We also took off the hoses going to the gas pump and cranked the engine. No gas came out, should gas be coming out?

Seve12345
Yes fuel should flow when 1st key on
check all your fuses and check the EEC relay
may want to try new one

BMRFIXIT
We changed the fuel pump, the ignition module, coil and we still cant get it started. We checked to see if the timing belt was broken and we saw everything moving. What should I do next? Is there a Automatic Shut Down (ASD) Relay on a 1993 ford escort lx 1.9L and if so where can I find it?

Seve12345