HAS TROUBLE STARTING

Ford Escape

Hi,
I recently purchased a 2002 Ford Escape XLT 4WD. It is a V6. I have problems starting the car. I haven't been able to pinpoint what trigers the problem. Somtimes, I can go a week without a problem, and other times it can happen a couple of times a day.
This is what happens: I trun the key. I hear the engine turning over, but it just doesn't start. Is is symtomatic of not having enough fuel. When this happens, what usually does the trick is waiting about 10 minutes or so, and then trying again. Then, in many instances it starts right away. In addition, sometimes, even when I don't have a problem getting it to start, it sounds like it is taking a second or two longer than it should to get it started. Waht do you think the problem is. Some friends have given me a couple of possible suggestions. A sensor, the security code thats connected to the chip on the key, the starter, the fuel pump, the fuel filter. What do you think?
Thank You
Madmike

Have you given her a tune up yet?
If not, then you should change the spark plugs, fuel filter, air filter, and check all the fluids that to be shure that they're full and clean. Also, check the coolant level in the radiator, not just the overflow tank.
Sometimes all a car needs is a little tune up.

Malletslinger