THROTTLE HANG

2000 Ford Contour

2000 Ford Contour 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual

please help. Just hoping you could guide me with what is causing my intermittent throttle hang between gear changes. Car idles and starts with no problems at all. Im suspecting possible dirty IAC valve. In your experience is this likely to be the cause. I know these engines are notorious for throttle hang, but no one has really outlined the cause in other forums.

thanks again, great site
Samk

Throttle Position (TP) Sensor
The TP sensor is a rotary potentiometer sensor that provides a signal to the PCM that is linearly proportional to throttle plate/shaft position. The TP sensor has 4 operating conditions: closed throttle (idle or deceleration), part throttle (cruise or moderate acceleration), Wide Open Throttle (WOT) and throttle angle rate. The TP sensor signal affects air/fuel ratio, injector timing, idle speed, EGR flow and ignition timing. On some applications, TP sensor input is used in determining transmission Electronic Pressure Control (EPC), shift and Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) scheduling. The TP sensor is mounted on throttle body.

Dave H