BY-PASS SMOG/AIR PUMP

Ford Bronco

1992 full-sized bronco with 5.8L engine. I let this buggy sit for 3 years 'cause my shifter broke one morning and when I finally started it back up yesterday after replacing the shifter the smog pump was siezed/frozen and won't break free. The belt squeels around it. In addition the bolts hollding it on won't break free either so I can change the durn thing. I even had my pal Paul Bunyon try it to no avail. What if I by-passed that pump? Does anyone one know if that will cause the computer to mess up the running efficiency of the engine(?) And what sized serpentine belt would fit if I by-passed the pump? That would be cool if I could just get a new belt, ignore the pump and drive off into the sunset.
Rshill7

I would say if you try this the PCM wont keep the fuel mixtures correct, this injects air into the converters to aid in burning the unburned gas, 02 sensors will call for less fuel, this will cause a lean condition that can damage engine parts. Get a bigger wrench! Or some heat!

Merlin2021