WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU BYPASS THE SMOG PUMP

1990 Ford Bronco • 100,000 miles

The serpintine belt had to be replaced on my truck. We bypassed the smog pump because it was locked up. The hoses were not even there for the smog pump. We want to replace the smog pump and don't know where the hoses need to hook up. There are two hoses. Also not having the smog pump hooked up, will this cause a decrease in gas mileage?
Amers1202

Which engine do you have?

Bypassing it would have emission control problems and it would result in the Check Engine Light showing and also affects fuel consumption.

THESE HOSES MAY GO DOWN TO THE CATALYTIC CONVERTER(S) TO COOL THEM

SEE-UNS HOW YOU HAVE A 90s MODEL AND THE THING AIN'T BEEN HOOKED UP IN A WHILE EITHER YOU DON'T HAVE THE HAVE THE CATS, OR THEY HAVE NOT BEEN AFFECTED. I LIVE IN A REGION WHERE THESE THINGS AREN'T TESTED, NOR LOOKED FOR. ALMOST SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE LIVING IN A SIMILAR REGION. IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN O2 SENSOR ON THE DOWNSTREAM SIDE OF THE CAT (I DOUBT THAT YOU DO). YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO LIKE SOME OF THE NATIVES IN MY REGION DO.