II - ENGINE

1990 Ford Bronco

Hi, I just bought my bronco( : D ) privatley. It's been sitting for about 2 months, just because the owner bought a more economic vehicle. And with 150,000 miles on it, im a little worried about the engine. As I said, it was sitting for about 2 months, however, on the test drive, it fired immediatley, and I let it warm up for about 4 minutes. Now, when I put it in gear, when I pushed passed about half way on the accelerator, I could a pinging noise(? ), And I think its the lifters. It happened every gear, in that throttle range. Now im not that great with engines, but im not sure if its the throttle body, a broken engine mount and the engine is just shaking, if its the lifters, or it was still just too damn cold. I was planning on getting an engine rebuild kit anyway and doing it myself, but I just need to know if its something else( : evil: ). My friend said it was probably just cold after sitting. But, Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks! (2.9L V6 by the way, stock)
RockMonkey17

I dont know what year it is but if it is an older model with a manuel fuel pump. They have been known to do that.

Sc1 racing
If the oil hasn't been changed recently change it and put a bottle of Marvel Myster in with the motor oil see what happens?

Lovescars
Sorry, I should have included that in the body, its a 1990 bronco II, so I dont think its a manual fuel pump.

And I forgot he mentioned that. It is due for an oil change and a full fluid flush. Could it really be as simple as an oil change? BTW, what will the Marvel Myster do?

P.S. - Thanks for the fast responses!

RockMonkey17
Yes it could be! I'm a firm believer to look at the obvious rather than jump to the expensive stuff right away. You should also try running a bottle of isopropyl dry gas to remove any foreign contents that may have accumulated in the old gas, with at least the recommened gallon amount in the tank. I owned a 90 ranger w/2.9 and it only liked super unleaded fuel.
If that doesn't do it I would likely recommend having the computer checked to be sure your timing is advancing with load

Lovescars