SUDDEN BRAKEING

1992 Ford Aerostar

1992 Ford Aerostar 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 204000 miles

When driving my van at 55 with the cruise set it will all of the sudden break and slow down. Afterwards I am unable to reset the cruise. When this happens it runs very rough and the gas petal feels very firm and hard to push. Since I got the van the oil pressure has seemed rather low. The word " normal" is across the gage and it has never went beyond the " r". The " nor" is on the side of " low".
Klt_lsh2009

Has the check engine light ever come on?

No it has bever came on.

Klt_lsh2009
If there is no light, I need you to check for a couple things. First, make sure there are no vacuum leaks. Also, you need to check for fuel pressure.

Here is a how to for checking the pressure. Let me know what you find:

http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_check_fuel_pressure.htm

I will check those things and get back to you. I have another question. Every now and then I notice a puddle of water under the van. What could this be a sign of?

Klt_lsh2009
Could it be condensation (water) from AC usage or is it coolant?

It looks like clear water. It doesn't do it all the time. I have never ran the AC. Can it still build up condensation? I know that it kicks ona nd of when running the heater. Could the sudden brakeing just be a faulty wire in the cruise control system?

Klt_lsh2009
Chances are the condensation is coming from using the defroster. When it is used, the AC is run to help clear the windshield. If it is clear water and there is no coolant, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.