MY CAR DOESN'T BRAKE PROPERLY

1995 Eagle Vision

Brakes problem
1995 Eagle Vision 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 400000 miles

I recently replaced the rear brake lines because there was leaking. During the bleeding l realized that there is almost no pressure at the end of the left rear pipe (before the hose). Before the leaking happened, the brake system was working really poorly, no wheels locked out even if you pressed as hard as possible on the pedal. Now only the front right wheel locks out when you press really hard the pedal.

What may be causing this problem?

Does an improperly functioning of the proportioning valve cause a loosening of pressure in the system?

Thanks for your help.
Rfonseca

It could be the propertioning valve or it could be an abs problem as well. If you would rebleed the system if you did anything other then bleed it in this sequence. RR, LR, RF, then LF. Then bleed the hydrolic control unit (HCU) for the abs ok. Let me know how that goes and we see if we can test the HCU ok.

Racefan966
Hello, and thanks for your answer. My car doesn't have ABS/HCU. Regarding bleeding the brakes, the order you listed is the order I did it in.

Given that, do you know what the next likely cause might be?

Again, thanks for your time.

Rfonseca
Ok the left front is where we need to look next. Now how is the hose on that wheel? When you go to bleed it do you get a good amount of fluid through the bleeder? Are all the sliders on that side good and clean and lubed with caliper grease? When you lock up the brakes does the left rear lock up with the right front? You may have the proportioning valve set so the valve is now only operating the right front with the left rear. Let me know what you can and we will take from there.

Racefan966