HEATER/AC NOT BLOWING

1994 Eagle Summit

Heater problem
1994 Eagle Summit 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

I too have a heater blower not pushing air. Here are my specifics:

Blower fan began making an unusual stuttering noise when it was turned on. It did not seem to affect the volume of air that it pushed through the vents.

The blower would stop working randomly, for a couple hours up to a day or two at a time, then would begin working again. It never quit mid-use. It would simply fail to turn on.

This lasted about two months, and finally it quit for good. I can occasionally feel heat coming from the vents through natural air circulation, so the heater itself functions.

Do these symptoms sound like an electrical problem more than a failed blower fan? Or can the failure of a blower fan act this way before it dies?

Any help at identifying the most likely issues would be greatly appreciated before I take it in and the meter starts running.

Thanks!
Rbutters

Hello –

To better assist you is your model a Summit DL, ES, ESi, LS, or Summit Wagon AWD, DL or LX. Also please tell me your engine size in liter and the 8th digit of your VIN.

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
Model: DL 3 Door
Engine: 1.8L
Vin: C

If you need any more info please let me know. Thanks!

Rbutters
Hello –

Thanks for getting back with me.

According to the manual you are to check things in this order.

BLOWER MOTOR DOES NOT OPERATE
Check components in order listed, and repair or replace as necessary: A/C fuse; wiring harness and connectors; blower motor relay; blower motor; blower motor resistor; blower switch.

Me – I would think your motor is shot……it is 15 years old……..it would make sense.

I have attached the pic and info on removal and replacement. Me, I would disconnect the connector and put 12V and a ground to the motor plug to see if it works…….then replace it if it doesn’t.

BLOWER MOTOR & RESISTOR
Removal & Installation
Remove undercover. See Fig. 6 . Remove blower motor assembly. Remove glove box, corner panel and glove box frame. Remove resistor. To install, reverse removal procedure.

You could check the relay in the junction block below the left IP. You would swap it with a like one.

So, I would check the relay by swapping…………if still no good, 12v to the motor, if still no good replace the motor.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_F6_2.jpg

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS
Hello –

Also, it looks like you may have a recall on your vehicle. The dealer may fix this for free. Please contact the dealer service department, give them the VIN number of your car and have them check on this to see if it applies to you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Recall_12.jpg

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS