GAUGES/STEREO/REMOTE ENTRY ARE

2006 Dodge Viper

2006 Dodge Viper V12 Two Wheel Drive Manual 4500 miles

My 06 viper was sitting at body shop for a few days while it was getting a crack fixed in trunk lid. When I went to pick up the car the gauges and stereo were not working at all, not even lighting up and factory keyfob was not working as well (locking and unlocking doors). Shop manager hooked up a scanner and was able to communicate with the BCM and lock/unlock the doors, work the gauges and stereo through the scanner, but once the scanner is unhooked the above mentioned components stop working.

Im positive that the components were working when I drove the car to the body shop. They did not do any welding at all, just fixed the trunk lid and painted a small spot of it. Before I take it to a dealer and get involved in that whole mess, I just wanted to see if there is possibly a easier solution.

Thanks in advance.
Blackgt76

Did the BCM have any recorded faults in it? The BCM controls the deck lid as well, maybe having it open too long disabled something in the software. The BCM has " Sleep" and " storage" modes that it will go into, but they are disabled by using the outside door handle or the remote to unlock the car. Im not seeing any relearn procedures that can be done without the aid of a Dodge scan tool

Jack42
I think the decklid did stay open for a while, people at the body shop did get the stereo to work, but still no gauges or remote. Any ideas?

Blackgt76
You can try reprogramming the key fobs to see if that will bring that part of the system back

1-Turn ignition to run position
2-Press and hold unlock button for 5 seconds
(maximum 10 seconds)
3-While holding unlock button press panic button
and release both at the same time
4-You will hear a chime, then press lock and unlock at the same time. Then press any button on transmitter.
Repeat last two steps for all transmitters. Once done turn key off.

Jack42
Stereo is working but there is still no gauges, what runs the gauges on that car, do you know?

Thanks in advance.

Blackgt76
Dodge hasnt released any wiring diagram info on your car, so I cant look it up to see what powers it. Since this is all the same issue, Im thinking the Body Control Module is what controls the power to the gauge cluster. Either that or ignition switch, but usually the BCM does it so it can control battery run-down

Jack42
Keyfob will not program, im not sure now what the issue is. The only things that are not working are. All gauges and keyfob.

Blackgt76
Back to the body controller. May wind up taking this to Dodge to have it programmed, or replaced, sounds like it isnt " waking up"

Jack42
Why would it go to sleep in the first place lol, are they expensive?

Blackgt76
May be able to just reprogram it. Call a few shops in your area a for prices and ask if they can do it. Then compare with dealer. Itis for battery run down protection. &Quot; sleep" I sw hat they call it when the module shuts the car down.

Jack42
If this BCM is no good would I have to get a brand new one or can a used one be programmed to this car?

Blackgt76
Page 1 of 2