CLUTCH NOT FULLY DISENGAGING

2003 Dodge Truck

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2003 Dodge Truck 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 22 miles

I installed a clutch in my 3/4 ton cummins. The clutch function is very smooth and shifts very well into the forward gears, but it won't go into reverse without alot of force or shutting engine down. The hydraulics worked fine with the old clutch. I had the flywheel ground, it measures 1.5 inches in thickness now. Is this too thin? Is there a longer rod for the slave cylinder? The clutch is back out of the truck and everything seems ok bearings ect. Old cluch slipped a little when towing. Thank you in advance
Blacksixspeed

Hi: Did you replace the pressure plate?

I bought a south bend mu1947confe clutch kit. It included clutch pressure plate, disc, throwout bearing, and pilot bearing. This is a ferramic disc for higher horse power applications.

Blacksixspeed
Hi Again: Everything sounds like it should work. This may sound crazy, but because this is a heavyer duty clutch, is it possible that the slave can't fully release the disc because of additional pressure from the new HD pressure plate? Can you call the place where you got it and see what they think too?

Let me know what they say.

I called southbend clutch. They said I needed a heavy duty master, slave cylinder kit. I got the kit friday and installed it. The kit has an adjustable master cylinder rod, and alot more volume. It work great! Thanks for your help!

Blacksixspeed