PILOT BEARING

2002 Dodge Truck

2002 Dodge Truck V8 Four Wheel Drive Manual

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET THE PILOT BEARING OUT TO REPLACE CLUTCH. THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I AM BROKE RIGHT NOW, BUT I WILL DONATE IN THE FUTURE. JUST FOUND YALL.
Mscherry

Hi there,

Often you will have to get a small slide hammer with a hook that will catch the back lip and pull the bearing out, if it is a sealed bearing with metal covers, you can try packing grease behind the bearing and use a drift in the bearing centre tamp the grease in and it may pop the bearing using grease displacement, try this.

Mhpautos
MY DAUGHTERS UNCLE HAS BEEN SCREWING WITH THIS FOR A MONTH. TO FAR FOR ME TO GO MESS WITH IT. ANY CLUE ON WHERE TO GET A SLIDE HAMMER FOR IT. I LIVE IN FT WORTH, TX. THANX AGAIN

Mscherry
Not really as i live in Australia, you can make a simple one,get a length of steel rod that will fit in the bearing centre, file or grind out a section at end so it will form a lip and sit in the inner race, bend the other end 90Deg fit scalloped end into bearing and wedge with screw driver or tight fitting pin punch, tap bent end with hammer to draw out bearing, this has worked or me on a few occasions that i have not had a suitable puller to hand.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/61395_Capture_79.jpg

Sorry about the grade 2 standard pic, but this is the idea.

mark (mhpautos)

Mhpautos
Thank you. I will send it to him. Take care. I would love to come to australia some day!

Mscherry
You will be welcome with open arms, Australia is the land of sun, fun and mechanics that can't draw to save them selves. Lol. Good luck with the bearing, thank you for using 2carpros, your feed back is always welcome.

Mhpautos