SPUTTERS WHEN AC IS ON

2005 Dodge Stratus

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2005 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 69541 miles

hi, I was wondering if you can assist me in finding a problem with my vehicle. One day, all of a sudden, it started shaking like it was going to die when on reverse, idle or at low 5mph speed but only when the a/c is on. If the a/c is off, then it doesn't shake at all, and everything is well, smooth ride. I've asked several people, and just keep getting different responses, so hopefully you've seen this before and can tell me what exactly is wrong with it. I have been told, it could be the idle control valve, the car may need a tune up (clogged injectors/spark plugs), or the MAP sensor. I was planning on doing all these, but dont know where to start cause I know that the idle control valve is expensive. Please help me with any advice you may have on this matter. Thanks.
Frubio_02

If it runs good without the AC on, it doesn't need a tune up. It could be the idle air control valve (IAC) or the throttle position sensor (TPS). Has the check engine light come on? Also, I believe on your vehicke, the IAC can be removed, cleaned, and replaced. Finally, the MAP sensor would give you trouble all the time.

I would try removing the IAC and cleaning it. Also, let me know the RPM's at idle.