HEATER BLOWER

2002 Dodge Stratus

Heater problem
2002 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 112000 miles

My 2002 Dodge Stratus heater quit blowing. While the car is moving I can feel very little heat coming through the vents, but when Im at a stop nothing comes through. Its warm but seems like the heater fan aint blowing. Can anyone help me with this please? Its very cold here and I need it repaired but cant afford to take it to a shop. Thank you sooooo very much! Paula
Paulae63

Can you hear the blower motor running throughout all 4 speeds?
Is your antifreeze at the right level?
How recent did you replace the thermostat?

Zackman
Oddly as it sounds. There is something under the passenger side of the dash that if your feet touch it it moves. Well my teenage son was wiggling it while I was driviving and I told him to stop before he breaks something. Then the heater started working again. Guess in his own little way he fixed it! Works like a champ! Thank you so much for your time!

Paulae63
That is probably the electrical connector to the blower motor. You can look behind the glove compartment to make sure that the connector is plugged in tight.

Zackman