NOT STARTING!!!

1996 Dodge Stratus

1996 Dodge Stratus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I took my 1996 dodge stratus out to go to the store and it stalled out on me, it will not start back up and I am not sure where to start with problems. The moter wont even turn over but the radio still works.
Jenntyler89

The radio doesn't mean much. Are the headlamps real bright and do they remain bright as you try to start it. Does it make any sound at all when trying to start it?

Wrenchtech
I havent had a chance to check the head lamps. At work, but it makes a slight click when turned over and that is it.

Jenntyler89
The headlights do not change when I try to start it. It is a brand new battery.

Jenntyler89
That means that there is a problem in the starter circuit somewhere. It could be anything from the ignition switch to the transmission range sensor, through the starter relay to the starter trigger. You can test the starter by applying power to the trigger terminal at the starter. Somebody with electrical knowledge is going to have to test the rest of the circuit.

Wrenchtech